2.2.10

Blind Contour Drawing

One of the things we completed in class today was a 30 minute blind contour drawing of a model. Blind meaning that we had to cover our drawings so that we could not see them and just draw. The results were pretty interesting.

MY PROCESS
My process was to pick a starting point and try to draw as much detail in that one spot before I moved on to another spot. In order to include detail and not loose sense of my spot on the page I ended up not picking up my pencil as much as I would have normally. Once I got too lost to continue in an area or felt that there was nothing else to draw there I just started over in a new area.

Here are some pictures of my work:
Full page

Details:

HOW THE PROCESS IS VISIBLE
Looking at the last one, which shows the head and hand you can pick out areas where I didn't lift up my pencil, such as where the chin lips and nose form a continuous line. In the pictures above of the toes you can tell that I paid close attention to detail because the toes have distinct shapes and are not just sausage blobs. I also found it interesting that my drawing were so small. While I was drawing them I felt like they were much much bigger. I was even afraid that they were overlapping. Looking back I think I was drawing small because I was trying to focus on detail and maybe subconsciously I was thinking that details are small minuscule things. So without realizing it I ended up drawing small.

Three words that describe my drawings.
Interconnecting, Small, & Open

No comments:

Post a Comment